Success for Remote Commissioning of two AHC LARS Systems to Ennsub
Scantrol has delivered two AHC LARS control systems to Ennsub Deepwater Technologies to use on board their customer’s vessel Ceona Amazon. The systems were successfully configured and tested from the Scantrol offices in Bergen. — The remote assistance saves valuable time and commissioning costs for our customers, says managing director at Scantrol, Helge Hammersland.
The remote commissioning was made possible by the AHC Toolbox. iSYM Online offers remote support both onshore and at sea by connecting to the ship’s LAN via satellite. Before sea trial Dynatest is used in the factory to verify AHC performance based on recorded winch characteristics and simulated vessel motion.
The LARS systems were set up at Ennsub premises in the UK for testing and connected to a laptop. From the offices in Bergen Scantrol technicians connected to the laptop, finished the system configuration and performed a Dynatest to verify the AHC performance.
Ready for sea trial the Scantrol technicians connected to a computer on board Ceona Amazon to supervise the testing and assist with any problems during testing.
– Everything went very well. Though there are still some minor tuning needed, both systems worked fine and remote support was great from Scantrol’s side, says Oscar Espinar, general manager at Ennsub Deepwater Technologies.
Testing of the AHC system from the office not only saves Scantrol valuable time and resources but reduces commissioning costs for Our customers.
– This is possible because we have developed high quality test software and are well prepared for FAT and SAT, says Mr. Hammersland.
M/V ”Ceona Amazon”
- Deepwater Field Development vessel. Owned by Ceona Offshore
- Length : 199.40 m
- Breadth: 32.20 m
- Year built: 2014
- Yard: Lloyd`s Werft, Bremerhaven, DE
- Scantrol systems on Board: 2 x AHC LARS for ROV (Ennsub)